Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tracing back Robot paper

Last week, I reviewed a paper named "User, robot and automation evaluations in high-throughput biological screening processes". Now, my mission is to trace back this paper and see what was the work which they built on. The tracing focus on the core part of this work and from which work it was cited and extended. The core components of this work are: Human-Robot Interaction (HRI), and Cognitive Task Analysis (CTA).  I started tracing back the first paper which was cited and extended in this paper. In the second paper, I was able to trace back the paper name, however I wasn't able to access it. I did requested an access from the library and I'm still waiting! In my next post, I will review  the first traced paper.

Update Papers list:

  • 2005: Adams, J. A. (2005). Human-Robot Interaction Design:Understanding User Needs and Requirements, In Proceedings of the 2005 Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 49th Annual Meeting, September 2005.
  • 2003: Endsley, M. R., Bolstad, C. A., Jones, D. G., & Riley, J. M.(2003). Situation awareness oriented design: From user's cognitive requirements to creating effective supporting technologies. In Proceedings of the 47th Annual Meeting ofthe Human Factors & Ergonomics Society (pp. 268-272).
  • 2003 (book not reviewed but mentioned for my reference): Endsley, M. R., Bolté, B. & Jones, D. G. (2003). Designing for Situation Awareness: An approach to User-Centered Design. London: Taylor & Francis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment